Rules regarding transactions between users on the same IP Address can be found under Account rules.
Sub-Section on Gryff Sitting
- Trading, selling, or giving away of accounts is strictly against the rules.
- Gryffs invites are intended to be given free of charge to new players. It is forbidden to accept any kind of benefit, asset, item, virtual or otherwise for invites.
- Users are allowed to trade Gryffs items or gryffs for other site currencies, as long as the site allows such a trade. However, trading Gryffs items, currency, or gryffs for USD, EUR, or other real currency is forbidden. This includes Gryffs derivative works.
* Derivative works refer to fan art, plushies, etc. Any sales that are made based solely on a creation of the Gryffs website. This is to protect our intellectual property such as unique items, designs, and characters.
Exceptions are made for gryffs who are clearly based on real life animals. You may also commission your gryff as another animal, so long as you exclude the items.
- There is no set price for items or gryffs, so players can ask for whatever price they want, no matter how unreasonable others may feel it is. Arguing that a price is too high in chat or on the billboard is not allowed - players are expected to just not buy the item and move on, rather than potentially discourage a sale to someone else by stating they do not feel the price is fair.
- In most cases, an admin will return lost damages that were the result of scamming, or the other player becoming inactive. However, there is a three day wait period before any transactions will be reversed due to a lack of response, regardless of reason. This is to give the current holder of said properties a chance to respond, as withholding another player's property is considered scamming, and is punishable by banning or fines.
- When making trades or transactions on Gryffs, please be sure that ALL specifics for the trade are discussed within Gryffs. Admins cannot return lost damages in the event of scamming, if we cannot find sufficient evidence that the item/gryff was originally yours, and not sold/given away.
* Gryff sitting refers to holding someone else's gryff for them for any reason.
- While Gryff sitting is not banned outright, please be aware that this is at the sole risk and responsibility of the Gryff's original owner. Admins may not be able to return lost damages due to the gryff sitters' actions. If you do not want to lose your gryff, do not transfer it outside of your account. Doing so means that you understand that there is a chance this gryff may not make it back to you, or may have lost damages as a result.
- While the above rule still applies, sitters are required to give the original owner at least 3 days (72 hours) to respond. If they disown a gryff before this three day notice is up, their disownment of said gryff will be considered scamming, and can be punishable. If a sitter does not wish to hold a gryff any longer, and does not wish to wait for a response, they can contact an admin (preferably #2) and transfer the gryff to their account as an alternative. The original owner can pick it up from there.
- All users are also required to have a gryff sitter's permission to transfer them a gryff. This is for every transfer. Just because a person has sat a gryff for you before, however many times, do not assume that they have the space, or the desire, to do so again.
- Since we need to be able to verify all conditions of a transfer (messages, chat transcripts, etc.), it becomes increasingly difficult to retrieve a gryff if a long period of time has passed. For this reason, we recommend that users transfer the gryffs back at least once every few months, and make sure that there are up to date messages discussing the arrangement before sending it back. If we cannot verify the conditions of the transfer, we cannot return your gryff(s) to you.